Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Rollers

There is a phenomenon known as snow rollers, it only happens if the temperature is right, the snow is right and the wind is blowing just right.  The snow starts to move across the top of itself and rolls something like when you make a snowman ball BUT it does it all by itself.  They are not round all the way around because the snow roller just rolls in basically a straight line so it looks like a roll of steel.  I stopped tonight and took some pictures, so realize that these things rolled about 2 days ago, but you can see some of them are a little hollow in the middle.
This one is the same as the one above but I put my hand in front of my flash hoping to be able to see the depth and the rings, because white on white is kind of hard to see that.  I surprised myself that it actually worked somewhat.  Go figure.
This one show a whole side of a yard with no tracks and it has many different sizes of the snow rollers on it.
No one can tell that God doesn't like to play in the snow in His own way.  Or maybe angels came down and being able to fly with wings leave no foot prints. One can only imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment