Thursday, January 2, 2014

Holidays and going into 2014

I have no pictures to post, just some ramblings...Christmas was very nice this year.  I got everything I had asked my kids for and some things I had not...they were really too generous to me this year.  I have been able to spend time with my daughter and 2nd son (her husband) and my sister.  My son and 2nd daughter (his wife) spent this year with her family.  I have to say that 2013 was a good year. No major illnesses or surgeries this past year. My artificial knees are working wonderfully and no pain at all. I have been blessed by God to be able to pay my bills.  Last year was a family reunion with my 2 sisters and all our kids and even 1 grandchild - my sister's grandchild.  I don't have any grandchildren as of this post, but you never know about 2014, but probably not.

So far 2014 has been a lot of snow, but it is January for goodness sakes.  I am thankful for my family (near and far), my friends, my home and my God. I am also thankful for my next door neighbor whom to my surprise had snow blown my driveway before I got home tonight.  He does this for me every once in a while.  I need to get him a gift card for being so good to me.  I thank God for my neighbors on either side of me, such great young families.

I made my Aunt June a fruit cake as a surprise because she loves them.  It had been a couple of years since I had made her one.  I took it down to her Christmas eve and she was so surprised and you have to know my Aunt June, she got teary eyed about it.  Then I got a thank you card from her for the fruit cake.  It is the little things that mean the most.

I wish you and your family a great New Year with God's blessings raining down.  I know I am grateful for all His blessings to me this past year and am very thankful for His blessing to come.  God Bless you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment