Monday, January 6, 2014

Basket for my 2nd daughter

I made a blanket basket for my 2nd daughter; which she asked for as a Christmas present.  Well I did not have a pattern so I had to figure out the measurements and cut the reed.  It was a big basket, approx. 23" x 20"+/- about 10 inches high.  It took me 9 1/2 hours to measure, cut and weave the basket.  I also inset handles at each end.  This basket is 1 of 2 very large baskets I have made.  It turned out really nice.  I did not stain it, I left that for Jessica to do with whatever color of stain she wants or she can leave it natural.
I had to wait until after Christmas to post about the basket.  I tell you what the marathon weaving was not something my back wants to take on again real soon.  I used my heating pad for 3 days at work and at night.  It was worth it to be able to make something for Jessica that she wanted.  I hope she gets many, many years of use out of it.  What a blessing from God to be able to make something that is useful.

2 comments:

  1. Gail Sorry I haven't posted about my basket yet, but I love it! It fits perfectly into the space I wanted and is so beautiful, you are so talented, but I am sorry that it was such a strenuous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to worry, I loved figuring out the size and everything - I am so glad you like it and it is what you wanted - happy to make you something you really wanted. love, Mom (Wow)

    ReplyDelete