Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Renovation of Kitchen


Okay, went in for 2nd knee replacement and the kitchen renovation started...Here is what my kitchen looked like - 1955 ranch, eating area (no formal dining room) - just one long room.  This is the end where the kitchen is/was.

All of my appliances were given to the church for their rummage sale to help make money for the youth missions trip to Belgium.


This is the eating area, where there used to be tounge and groove knotty pine that had at one time been painted glossy black that was hidden behind a fake paneling chair rail.


Demolition begins...


And continues...


And continues with taking down the soffit, because my new cabinets are 42" tall and going to the ceilings.  I do not want any dust catchers or have to put something up on top to decorate - another thing to clean.


First cabinet goes in - excitement is building...


More upper cabinets...


Base cabinets - oh, by the way did I mention there is going to be 20 cabinets, including a PANTRY!

Sink base and I am also getting a built in dishwasher!


this is my pantry and where my refridgerator will be sitting...


Cabinet doors are on...


Doesn't this look like a dream?  I keep praising the Lord and thanking Him for this blessing!


Here the vinyl flooring I chose...to me it looks like sandstone pieces.


Here is with my new stove and range hood in - I love it!!!  Thank you Lord Jesus!!!!


and here is my new fridge and dishwasher.  Now I am waiting on the counter top to be made and installed.  Then the backsplash/tile can be put in, my pendant light over the sink, all the electrical outlets done and the under cabinet lighting - then WOW, my kitchen will be finished. 

I will blog in a couple of days about the eating area - you can see to the left of my pantry a little of the color showing for the wainscotting that is in the eating area...

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful so far Gail, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete