Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bathroom Renovation

Now onto the bathroom which has been reconfigured and gave up a closet from the bedroom next door for the laundry area to be moved from my basement up to the main floor...but let us look back at what I had.


Okay this is from the doorway, the vanity has been removed and ah yes the 1955 Avocado green toilet and tub with shower.  The shower surround off the walls and in the bathtub.


Medicine cabinet above the vanity is out of here!


Toilet, tub, tile and flooring outa here too.  The wall has been removed between the bathroom and the bedroom closet (see the hole on the left?).

okay, bathroom walls gutted and a new half wall put up for the 48" shower stall to be installed on this end of the bathroom.


My new shower stall - it is big and so shiny and nice, can't wait to be able to use it.  Still has a piece of cardboard protecting the floor while some mudding is going on.


corner opposite of the toilet where the tub used to be and where my new vanity will be going...


Wainscotting also going in the bathroom but at 50" high, see my new WHITE toilet?  It is supposed to be able to flush a bucket of golf balls - hope to never have to try it out.  It is the 17" seat height.


Here is my new bathroom vanity, the wainscotting still needs to be primed and painted white.  I forgot to tell you that the upper walls will be painted Danner Tan and I will be putting the same flooring in the bathroom as was put in the kitchen.


Here is where my stackable washer/dryer will be living and this is before and to the left of where the toilet is.


Here is the space above my shower stall that the 6" being cut off of the tile in the kitchen will be going, at least 1 row and I am praying 2 rows.  There will still be wall above to paint the Danner Tan.

I will update as the walls get painted and laundry get put in...I still cannot believe this is the same bathroom.  Oh, and the vanity basin is the same as my countertops in the kitchen and it looks wonderful!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that looked like a lot of work. But, yeah, the vanity alone is gorgeous. I can just imagine how amazing your bathroom looks now. Great choice with the white toilet. :)

    -Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye to the avocado tub and toilet! LOL! I haven't really seen the whole look of the bathroom from your previous or most recent posts. It would be nice to see the before and after photos side by side for us – readers – to see the great difference. =) Did you still add a vanity cabinet, by the way?

    Chase Conely

    ReplyDelete