Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Drywalling - What an adventure!

My sister and I are putting up drywall where I had windows replaced - can't tell you how many years ago and the ex never patched the walls.  So, I figure I am woman, hear me roar or some such thing as that - Towanda!  We went to Lowe's and had them cut to our measurements, but the guy had a tude to begin with, then he seemed to settle down.  When we got back to my house we had to re-trim the one piece we got up by 1/4 inch along the long side and about that much off the short end.  I have before pictures (above) and after pictures (below).







I know I still have to mud and tape and sand and mud again and sand...but really, I am so proud of me and my sister!  We still have 2 more places to fill/patch with dry wall, but we can do this. I may not get it completely done by the time my kids come home for Christmas, but it will look a little better than it did.

Oh, and we baked cookies too!  Talk about multitasking - again, hear us roar!  LOL - A little at a time and it will get done.  I tell you what...it feels good to be able to accomplish even a little bit of what you hope to and God Bless me, I feel good.




Peanut Blossom cookies, some with Kisses and some with Rolos - can't see those, they are at the bottom.
Sorry.  I am having a cookie exchange at work tomorrow and the company is providing pizza and salad.
Oh, and by the way I took these with my new digital camera I bought myself - Merry Christmas to me.
So, I am sure there will be more pictures to come and stories to tell.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you can do it - set your mind to it, Gail! Looks awesome and the cookies look good too! Love you, Sandi

    ReplyDelete