Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spending the day with my sisters - Part 2

I have to show you my middle sister's home that her and my brother-in-law made out of a barn that was on my Dad & Mom's property...it is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath with garage they loving call the Barn Apartment.

this is the front door and that is my vehicle parked in front.  to the right side with the copper roof is my sister's pride and joy - outdoor shower!  I will have pictures a little later...

Here you are as you come in the front door - it is a open floor plan - don't you love the deer head on the wall.  My sister's son (my nephew) shot that deer, and I think it is an 8 pointer (please forgive me if I am wrong).

And yes they do have an inside bathroom ~ just wanted to make sure everyone understood that with an outside shower house they do have indoor plumbing - LOL

this is looking from the kitchen back through the living room to the front door.  I love my sister's colors!

Here you can see the hallway that leads to the 2 bedrooms (across the hall from each other), a pantry and the door at the end leads to the garage. This is where the flower box arrangements were done as shown in the part 1 post.

This shows you from the Barn Apartment's front door the house my Dad & Mom lived in and before them my Mom's parents lived in it.  My Grandpa built the house with the help from family and friends.

And now pictures of the Outdoor Shower House!

This shower head is not a water saving one - when you are under the water it feels like a waterfall! 

Here you are look from the shower part back to the part where you get undressed and dressed after your shower.  If you look up you can see why it is called an outdoor shower house - no walls up at the rafters.  There is screening to keep the birds out but that is all.  there is 1 window as you can see there on the right - opposite the door.
And there is even a sink and mirror - what more could you ask for?

I will putting some more pictures here with just some of the view and other things for you to enjoy...
This you can see out of my sister's kitchen window...she loves feeding the birds...
my brother-in-law...

just some of the country side...It was a beautiful day to spend with my sisters, sun shining, warm around 60+ degrees, birds singing and me and my family enjoying each others company.  Yep, it was a great day!  Oh, I almost forgot...my sister baked me a Birthday Blueberry Pie!!!!  And we had vanilla bean ice cream with it!  Oh, and if you look in one of the inside pictures you will see she also bought me a bouguet of my favorite flowers - DAISIES!!!!

My oh my, I do love pie!  And my sister makes the best pies ~ in all the land!  Thank you Sisters for a lovely day and I love you both bunches, heaps and gobs.
















1 comment:

  1. The Shower House is AWESOME! I thank my husband for indulging my whims!

    These are great pics, we had a great time, and I am so glad you like your pie and ice cream!

    Love you, Sandi

    ReplyDelete