Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas 2014





This year was the year for Grant and Jessica to come home for Christmas.  And I got to say Hi to my Grandbaby (in Jessica's tummy) just so she could hear Grammie's voice.  Jessica is 19 weeks along, I will be able to actually meet my Grand Daughter in May, 2015! 

This year was really nice.  First off Grant, Jessica and I went to Christmas Eve service.  It was really nice with Arise playing and the cute skits and of course the music and singing.  Afterwards we had hot chocolate and cookies.

Christmas day was spent at Bryan and Amanda's.  I got there about 10 am to give the kids time to wake up, get showered and dressed.  We did some visiting...here is the kids looking at Francie (the dog) and then her in her chair.
Here is Bryan and Amanda's tree...
Grant got to give Francie her presents from her stocking, and believe me the dog knew it was her stocking.  Of course Grant got some jollies from teasing the dog by having her wait to see all the goodies before she even got one to play with...
Here are the guys opening their present from me...got them both a Hard Cider Kit...they both seemed interested.
Here is Amanda trying on her new PJ's from Bryan...
I made some gifts for my Grandbaby girl...
Grant did not realize that I had made these, I think Jessica knew.  And then they got me a couple of gifts from my Grandbaby girl:
which I gave them this one back because baby girl can wear it when she is able to.  Now this next present, a t-shirt I can wear come May!

Then there was a game on and looking more at a present to Bryan from Amanda...
See the little baby bump up above...yes I talked to my grandbaby so she would know my voice.
Food was excellent and being able to be with my kids and their spouses was fantastic!  I am so blessed.  Each one of my kids married someone that compliments them and treats them with love and respect and a Mom could ask for nothing more.  I love my second son and daughter.

On Friday evening Amanda, Jessica and I went to Lock 3 Park to see the Holiday Market, but alas the vender booths were closed.  There was a slide and ice skating rink open. We went into a building that has a concession stand open and found a display of Akron facts.  There was a big display of marbles and toys found when they excavated the spot where the American Toy Marble Company had been. They found a Blue Santa, America's oldest figurine of a Santa. This company was the first toy marble factory in the USA; it mass produced a million marbles a day and turned out dozens of other toys including the Blue Santa. Amanda and I had the most amazing cinnamon pretzels, so sweet on the outside and soft on the inside.  We joked about coming back next year if only for the cinnamon pretzel.  We then noticed some windows that had Journey to Bethlehem and also each window had items listed for you to look and find.  The windows were very well made, with figurines of people, animals, etc.  The tents were made of beautiful materials.  Someone took a lot of time and really thought out each window.  It was nice to window shop for once.

I hope you and your family had a blessed Christmas and will have a wonderful New Year.  May God bless you and may His grace fall upon you over the coming year.
 




1 comment:

  1. http://www.wifoodpantry.org Menjadi salah satu blog yang menyajikan permainan SBOBET bola online dengan uang asli dengan bonus-bonus menarik.

    ReplyDelete