Sunday, April 6, 2014

Made my own minced garlic.

Okay, I love, love, love garlic.  So I have in the past bought garlic at the grocery store already minced in a large jar.  I have been watching the cooking shows and a lot of chefs make their own, so I decided to also.

Next time I make this I will get the 3 pound of garlic already pealed at Sam's Club or BJ's Warehouse.  This time I bought the bulbs of garlic and had to peel them myself.  Not too bad, but a lot faster to get them already peeled.  So I put about 2 bulbs of peeled garlic in my small food processor and pulsed.
Then I had a small emptied Pimento jar that I put the minced garlic in and added olive oil to cover, mixed and added more olive oil to cover.
Ta-da, I have my own mince garlic in the fridge for me to use.  Way cheaper than buying it this way and all natural - no preservatives to boot!
This is getting back to basics and whole foods without all the preservatives and additives that you cannot pronounce to save your life.  God is good, and blesses me continually.  Eat the good foods God has given.



No comments:

Post a Comment