Monday, November 4, 2013

Do you have a romance with God?

I was listening to a Christian station on the radio this past weekend.  And the commentator was interviewing Jeff Kinley about a book he wrote "The Christian Zombie Killers Handbook".  It is about a new way to look at sin, grace and salvation and the raging beast within all of us and the author names it "Zombie" or an old word SIN.  Now this caught my attention, but what really got me thinking was a statement he said about having a romance with God.  I got to thinking do I have a romance? Do I get excited about spending time with Him? Excited about spending time with other Christians talking, learning, digging into God's word and His teachings?  Am I the best bride I can be?  Do I try to be better every day?  Am I humble or am I prideful and thinking God will just fill me with what He wants me to be without me working on me too?  I have to say I had a better romance with God when I was going through grief over my parents dying and also at the same time going through a divorce - I think that was because I was hanging on by the knot at the end of the rope so to speak. So why has the romance dwindled?  God has not changed, He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  So it must be me that has let the romance wane.  I really need to work on my side of the romance. I know what to do but do not - I struggle all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment